Kia ora Whanau,
Valley School is now operating at Alert Level 1. This means that, although we do not have restrictions on physical distancing and life can return to relative normality, we will still be taking precautions.
Parents visiting school must sign in and out at the office, we also have the covid QR codes around the school and parents are encouraged to use them. This does not however overide the need to sign in at the office if you are coming on to school.
We will also be continuing our focus on handwashing and safe coughing/ sneezing practises.
Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell.
Keep an eye on our newsletters for more information about Term 4
Many thanks for all your support during our Covid challenges, our community support has been amazing!
Alert Level 1 - Public Health Instructions
There is an extremely low public health risk from the virus at Alert Level 1.
The key public health messages at Alert Level 1 are to continue to practice good health measures, stay home if you are are sick, and continue regular cleaning practises.
1. All children and staff are expected to return to school unless they are sick.
2. If a Covid case happens at school or is connected to any one at school.
The school will follow all Ministry of Health directives.
3. Sick children at school.
Parents are not to send sick children to school. Children displaying any symptoms will be sent home.
4. Regular cleaning of work spaces and classrooms.
All working surfaces will be cleaned every day.
5. Wash and dry hands.
Hands must be washed regularly and at least before and after each break time.
6. Cough into elbow / Don’t touch your face.
Taught and modelled
7. PPE not required in a school.
Hand gloves will be stocked by the school. Personal use of face masks / gloves will not be discouraged.
8. All three access gates will be used before and after school.
8. PE/ Sport can happen
10. Out of school programmes can all go ahead.
Access into school will be from the main gate on East Street, the walkway from Parvin Place and the walkway from The Glade South.
Class teachers will be in their classroom by 8:30am.
A covid tracer QR symbol will be displayed in the office.
All visitors and parents coming in to the school must report to the office.
Parents picking up children early will be managed through the office. Parents must go to the office first.
Visitors, with permission, may then go elsewhere in the school if necessary but not to enter classrooms.
All school timetables operate normally under Level 1
Kapa Haka can resume normally under alert Level 1.
There are no limitations on school PE and sport.
Normal evacuation and emergency procedures will be followed.
New Valley School Policy Website
One of the major projects that the Board of Trustees and the Principal have been working on this year is the adoption of School Docs as a central place for all our board and school policies.
School Docs allows the board and the school to focus on our core responsibilities around academic achievement and student learning progress with the following benefits:
- Easy Access - All our policy documents are accessible to the whole school community, split into handy areas for parents and staff to access
- Collaboration - With over 1,200 schools in the system, we benefit from the experiences and knowledge of others in the education community.
- Review - The unique review system allows board members, staff and parents to comment on policies and procedures online and be heard.
- Save time - School Docs will enable the board and senior leadership team to spend more time on proactive strategy and less time on paperwork.
- Notification - We will be immediately notified of any legislative changes that impact our policies ensuring we are up to date with our obligations.
The links to the school policies via Schools Docs can be found on the Valley School website homepage on the left of the screen under Policies and Procedures. Once you enter the area username and login details will be provided.
The Board of Trustees and Principal are happy to hear any feedback (email@example.com) and we hope that this makes our school policies and procedure more accessible for all.
A paper copy of our policies will be available for reading at the school office. The paper copy will be updated twice a year.
The Valley School Board of Trustees
Term Dates 2020
TERM 1 Start – Thursday 30 January Finish – Friday 27 March
TERM 2 Start – Wednesday 22 April Finish – Friday 3 July
TERM 3 Start – Monday 20 July Finish – Friday 25 September
TERM 4 Start – Monday 12 October Finish – Friday 11th December
now what learning is
Valley kids show "courage” when it comes to learning. Students know how to be prepared for learning, what tools they need and the right attitude to bring to all learning situations.
Valley kids show respect for themselves and each other. They have a strong sense of "honour” and do what is morally right. They are the most important part of the Valley School community.
iscover their individuality
Valley kids are "loyal”. They can be relied upon to participate and contribute in all learning situations. They are curious about the world and willing to take risks with their learning.
trive for success
Valley kids always show a ‘can-do’ attitude. They set learning goals and strive to achieve them. They show "endurance” in all they do by demonstrating stamina and determination.